We invite you to attend the 2021 Ladysmith & District Historical Society AGM on Sept 11, 2021. Find up what your society has been up to this year. Election, Light Refreshments. Ladysmith Museum. LDHS – AGM – Saturday, Sept. 11th – 12:00 NOON.
Here is a link to our Certified By-Laws: https://www.ladysmithhistoricalsociety.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Certifed-Bylaws-2020-AGM.pdf
- RECOGNITION OF PLACE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- ADOPTION OF MINUTES OF LAST AGM
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- BOARD ELECTION
– INTRODUCTION OF NOMINATED CANDIDATES
- MEMBERS SAY
LDHS AGM 2021 – Election of Board Officers/Directors
Election of Board of Directors/Directors: Vote: (circle choice)
For President: Quentin Goodbody Yes No
For Vice President: Marina Sacht Yes No
For Secretary: Alex Stuart Yes No
For Treasurer: Elaine Layman Yes No
For Non-Exective Directors:
- Pat Brownfield Yes No
2.Val Galvin Yes No
3. John Sharp Yes No
4. ________________ Yes No
5.________________ Yes No
Note: A total 9 Directors can be elected to the Board. Under the 2020 Adopted By-Laws, no nominations can be taken from the floor.
All those interested in letting their name stand for election will require the following:
- Per Section 3.2.3 – “ A Member may designate a proxy to vote on his/her behalf, said proxy to be registered with the Society Secretary a minimum of three days prior to the meeting in accordance with the protocol outlined in LDHS Policy 001 (Appointment of Proxy).” Note: Proxy Form can be email to members.
- Per Section 3.2.5 – The AGM shall be not less than 25% of the members in Good Standing present in person or Proxy.
- Per Section 7.2.3 – A member must be in Good Standing for a minimum of 21 Days prior to the election date; and is required to have their nomination signed by two members in Good Standing to delivered to the Secretary at least 10-days prior to the Annual General Meeting..
12.00 NOON: CALL TO ORDER